Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Jun 7, 2012

Random Stuff

Okay, so what is going on with the Phillies? They look more like the losingest franchise in all of professional sports (which I believe they achieved that status in 2007 or 2008) rather than the 5 time defending NL East champs. However, everybody who watches them consistently and attends games frequently are probably freaking out and perhaps fed up. I do think that ever since they won the world series in 2008 that diehard and casual fans alike have felt like it is the God given right of the Phillies to be in the world series year after year. The Phillies are about to have their own record and their TV rights are up for sale again. The sellouts have been going on for years now, but people who have tickets are not going to the games anymore - more so than the usual group of people who could not give a ticket away. Now, people are not going to the games like they have the past couple years, and it is not because the ticketholder had to stay late at work.

What everybody who is in a panic needs to realize is that the season is what, 2 months old? Some teams you can tell are just dead in the water at this time frame, and even as a casual fan I know the Phillies are not one of these teams. The potential energy of the Phillies is great, but I know what it is like to have a losing mentality. It can affect everything you do, especially on the field. Yeah, they are professional athletes who make millions, but if millions are there for the taking they deserve it. If you do not want them to make the millions, then stopping going to the games. Stop buying the tickets, the merchandise. Call into your local crap sports radio program and express your frustration. You know what you get then? The Kansas City Royals. And from what I see, the Royals are not up for their own network any time soon. But alas, I believe this year may just be that off year, and the Phillies will get to experience something from the fans they have not had for a while - panic and despair. Whenever something goes wrong with a Philadelphia team, the boo-birds start to come out. I believe it is only a matter of time when a Cliff Lee game is just full of boos. The backups filling in for the injured starters are not the superstars they are filling in for, but those superstars have not been what we thought they were for years now. All spring long I heard the manager, general manager, and fans declare how they will be okay for the season because of their pitching. Well, the heralded Cliff Lee is winless, your real ace Cole Hamels is put down by the GM, the veteran ace you need to keep that group together is OUT, and you have Kyle Kendrick. Face it, this is a mild rebuilding year.

Enough of something I could not really care about until September anyways...I went back to the gym after a couple weeks off. I did not intend it that way. I spent the week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, then came back to work, but did not go to the gym so that I could go to work early and play catchup. By the end of that week, I woke up with a terrible pain in my back that lasted a couple weeks. It was one of those pains that makes you moan for no reason. But, this past Tuesday I went back. Since my chest hurts quite a bit from the time off, and I am not afforded a rest day this week, I am going to attempt a shoulder workout consisting of all types of dumbell raises. I am not sure how good this will be for the overall major muscle groups, but my deep deltoid muscles should get quite the hit today. I am also getting fatter and will attempt some form of cardio as well as perhaps, not guaranteeing anything, some form of ab work. I don't know...don't know if there will be enough time. 

Tee ball season is just about over, and the kids (4-6) years old have gone from being ineffective off the T to hitting balls thrown to them. Combine that with the kids now (finally) cheering each other on and it has become a LOT more fun than I first expected as the season winds down. I am grateful for that. 

I also have realized that as I get older, my recovery from poison ivy outbreaks has taken longer and longer. A small patch on my arm, treated with topical medicines, has taken almost one month to subside. It has been at the point of dried out skin for a couple weeks with the occasional bubble or two. Ivy Dry is the best medicine, but used to frequently I think this is what I get. 

Oh well. Like my blog header says, this entry served no function. I was just bored getting ready for the gym before work. Now I am about 10 minutes late. So long and have a save d(ub)ay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment