Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Dec 13, 2012

What's Your Fantasy? thegreatjimduba Fantasy Football Team Playoff Update

Well folks, since nobody else around the world (minus the U.S. and Spain) wanted to participate in the first ever "The Great Jim Duba Intercontinental Fantasy Football Championship" I took it upon myself to put the namesake of your favorite blog into a randomly selected fantasy football league on NFL.com. For those who read my blog before September and liked my non-football topics, be patient. This will all be over soon. Hopefully not TOO soon.

As it stands, the league, known simply as "NFL Managed-983785" has completed its regular season. The league consisted of 10 teams, and the top four made the playoffs. I was cruising for a while in this league and at one point had the best record at 7-1 heading into Week 9. Then I lost, by 20 points, and it was more of a "meh, can't win 'em all" type of feeling. Then I lost again, by 40 points. Keep in mind my opponent scored 145 points. THEN the number 1 overall player beat me, by 2 points. After that, I went back on my tear, gaining back a win from one of the teams that beat me and finishing 10-4. I finished number two in the standings and won the second seed. I also was awarded a trophy for most points scored at 1,494.30. The next highest was the fourth place finisher at 1,454.34 points. I guess I was at an advantage as I had only the 4th highest points scored against (which factors into difficulty of schedule).

So, there are no byes in this playoff. My next opponent, the three seed, I have split a win and a loss with. This is the rubber match. Below is my opponent's lineup:

QB - Stafford
RB - Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin
WR - Miles Austin, Vincent Jackson
TE - Owen Daniels
FLEX - Stevan Ridley
K - Matt Bryant
DST - 49ers

Reserves: Steve Smith, Black Unicorn Martellus Bennett, Sidney Rice, Ryan Mathews, Lance More, and Andrew Luck

There is some trickery here on how I root for this matchup to go. I have Matt Bryant and Marshawn Lynch in the only other league (out of 3) that I am still in the playoffs for. Lynch is the man, and he went off last week. He has another chance to go off in the great city of Toronto. His (I assume it's a "he" as I can't see a girl having a team this good) projected score is 119.72 points.

On the other side, thegreatjimduba has the following starting roster:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Chris Johnson, Arian Foster
WR - Demaryus Thomas, Donario Alexander
TE - Tony Scheffler
FLEX - Knoshown Moreno
K - Matt Prater
DST - Bengals

Reserves: Jermaine Gresham, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Pierre Garcon, Trent Richardson, and Da Bears

I like my team. It is one of the more automatic teams I have. Except for having to decide on Chris Johnson. He was a waiver wire pickup along with the following: Pierre Garcon, Dez Bryant, Knoshown, Alexander, Gresham, Scheffler. At one point I had Bryce Brown and Greg Jennings, but I only had them when they went kablooey. I am really trying to find the first thing I can on the internet that will tell me not start Chris Johnson over Trent Richardson. As it stands, my total projected points are at 123.26. It used to be hire but I switched the Bears out for the Bengals. I had to make that choice tonight, and despite what I want to happen, I need the Bengals to do some good things tonight to the Eagles. I get to root for both teams tonight, which should make it better. Go Clay Harbor. Go Bengals.

I will update you all on Monday. Wish me luck. Your input helps. Go Duba, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment