Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

May 4, 2014

Random Thoughts

I was speaking with one of my old bosses the other day. He actually brought up my blog and said he would check it out some time. I told him though that with my new job, I have not frequently updated my blog as much as an author of my caliber should. I realize that I had so much downtime that I could focus literally all my creativity and energy into a one hour creative session and I was pumping out pure gold. In fact, I had waited until I went to work to write about stuff I did on the weekend! I spent my last three days in that office literally predicting every single NFL game all the way through the Super Bowl. I planned on following that and updating what happened compared to what I predicted. I still intend to finish that, but it probably won't be this month. I figured I would take this time to go about letting you all know what I have thought about when I'm sitting by myself driving to the office.
 
So an NBA team owner is racist. Apparently it has been noted that historically he has shown major race bias plus the NAACP took donations. First of all, the NAACP is a joke. Check out theire mission:
 
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
 
Vision StatementThe vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.

ObjectivesThe following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution - the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
  • To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
  • To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
  • To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
  • To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
  • To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
  • To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.

 
How can you be about equal rights for all people, when your organization's title uses the word colored? My grandfather was my hero, but he used the word colored to describe a black person. He didn't do it in a derogatory way, but as I got older I felt less comfortable hearing it. It was just how he was. But unlike the excuses that other people might use to pawn off hatred in their heart once they get caught expressing it, I was thankfully able to figure out it was wrong. He wasn't wrong for his use of the word "coloreds" in my opinion, but I would be to bring its use into my verbal repertoire. That said, a group suggesting they are about advancement of colored people, sets off literally a quarter dozen questions in my head.
 
As a group, it seems like you are declaring "colored people" are not as far along as normal people. Just the fact you use the term colored is wrong. If you mean minorities in America, than say that. If the group wants to end racial discrimination and educate people for ALL races, then didn't they call out yellow Asians, I guess red Hispanics, and of course the original red man, the Native American in their title?
 
The NAACP does support marriage equality, but that's how they call it, marriage equality. The term makes sense, but they put their own spin on it relating to interracial marriage. Racial. Race. It's all a stupid bunch of words. Do you want to know how to advance your race? Stop relying on those elders amongst your group who lived through major hardships to build your plight against yourself.
 
Now, that is easier said than done. But when you grow up, you still need to know right over wrong. Just because you are raised in a shitty neighborhood doesn't mean you get to throw the rule book out the window. And for some reason, the kids today look at those celebrities who came from that bad way of life, and choose to mimic where they came from than who they are today. Sure, athletes and gangsta rappers may or may not be approved role models for your kids, but they should be more of an inspiration for what they overcame. I saw some kids who voluntarily chose to look like they lived that kind of life. No you didn't. Just because your neighborhood has one flood every two years does not mean you are from the ghetto and people not in your race are horrible people.
 
There is trash of all kind on this planet - white, black, brown, red, and so on. More proof that all people are created equal. You want to have race equality, stop calling each other a race. Is there a different race of pure-bread German Shepherds? Why are humans discriminatory from the start by noticing color? One day at football practice earlier this year, Rocco had a problem with one of his teammates. I asked him who did what to him. He described it, but I couldn't tell who he was talking about, but then he said it was the black kid. Whoa. I tried to nip that shit in the bud right there. I made him stay quiet about it until we got in the car.
 
I didn't yell at him, but I told him how you can't describe somebody by the color of their skin, because there are a lot people who look like that, or like me, or like the ninjas he saw on TV. If you know the person better, you can tell me a better set of details on who he is than just what his color looked like. And the same thing goes from describing a person as tall or short or fat. At first, how about you know the other person's name? That's a start.
 
All that being said, how could a man who owns a team in a sport celebrated among the black community say that the race's stereotype is true? And that minorities are bad? To his half black half Hispanic or Asian mistress (not his wife) who is like 50 years old.
 
Minorities should be outraged, but just consider the source.
 
 
 
 
I have a strong feeling that people like him are a dying breed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment