Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Mar 10, 2012

The Bad Movie Streak Continues...Movie Review: The Lorax

Sigh. Right off the bat, the best part of this movie was that I used a gift card that I thought had only $5 on it but actually had $25 on it, covering the cost of the entire family outing.

I do not think I would be legally allowed to put a Lorax picture up, so I will show a picture showing what I really think of the movie:


The last Dr. Seuss movie I saw was probably Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, which was hilarious in so many ways. It was great actually. We had very high hopes. Plus, an animated Danny Devito has the ultimate potential.

Alas, from the opening song to the Al Gore type message to the replanting of a tree, this was a horrible kids movie, and horrible all around. Yes, there were some parts that made me laugh, as there always are in a movie like this. But seriously, the songs made NO sense for the most part. However, one song about the Once-Ler cutting down all the trees and growing his massive corporation and how he was helping the community was okay, but the kids had no idea what the Hell was going on. I am pretty sure Rocco had a blast with this movie. However, there were several times I looked over at Kim and we both had that uncomfortable "I cannot believe they would put that in a kids movie" look. For instance, the Once-Ler rips open a bag of marshmallows and shakes them out so it rains marshmallows in the forest to feed the animals. However, the look on the man's face, combined with the obscene body shaking, made the flow of marshmallows seem more erotic than a kids movie should have allowed.

Then, the Thneed start to get popular. One fat man buys a thneed, and goes to dry off with it, but a young boy gets wrapped in it and the man continues to dry himself as the boy moves across his body. Odd.

Seriously, about a quarter of the way in, the message of we need trees and corporations are killing the planet comes to play. The solution is we can all do our part, and we all should. And that even a kid can understand this concept so so should you. Oh yes and it was awesome explaining to Rocco what photosynthesis was in the middle of the movie. It was just off.

Yet, the ultimate reviewer, the kids in the theater, approved mightily. Most of the kids clapped, followed by their parents. Rocco did not clap, but I know he loved the movie. Could see it in his face the whole time. He also ate a bag of popcorn by himself, some gummy angry birds candies, and chocolate filled panda cookies. Ultimately, it did what it was supposed to, entertained my 5 year old as well as the other kids.

I think a lot of the adults liked the environmentally friendly message, but as somebody who saves the world every day from pollution, it was poorly done. If you think planting a seed will do the trick, you are an idiot. If you think exporting our jobs or buying American makes a difference - you are an idiot too. These are topics for another time, though.

If you are adult hoping for something great as recent animated movies have been, you will be disappointed and probably hate the fact that your kid likes this movie and you will own it in the future.

IN OTHER NEWS...
Who has my APP? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I guess it can be called a "beta" app. If anybody out there has a license with Apple, Android, or BlackBerry, let me know. My current format will stand, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment