Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Jan 12, 2013

Dubaround the NFL: Divisional Round Playoff Predictions

Well folks, last weekend came and went and I went 3 for 4 in my predictions. I should be 4 for 4 but I swung and miss on my bold prediction. This weekend in my opinion is even tougher to call. The AFC not so much, but I feel any of the 4 teams below can make it to the Superbowl.

In order to understand what these teams are up against, you have to see how the four top teams in the AFC and NFC fared coming off their bye weeks. This includes the typical bye week as well as what I consider the "mini" bye created by the Thursday night games.

Both Denver and New England crushed teams coming off their bye week, then crushed their opponents after the ten day Thursday night football bye. I think everybody is expecting to see Peyton hosting Tom Brady next weekend.

However the NFC is still wide open. Atlanta, the NFC number 1 seed, were pretty much undefeated heading into their bye, and they needed it as the Falcons snuck by Oakland, 23-20. Their next game was against my beloved Philadelphia Eagles, who had never lost after a bye week in Andy Reid's previous 13 seasons. I remember watching this game, and I will admit the Falcons destroyed the Eagles, and Matt Ryan came out swinging. However, at their Thursday night debacle against the Saints, the Falcons had 10 days to prepare for a 30-20 loss to the Panthers. The 49ers kind of had it backwards. They had the mini-bye Thursday night game before their bye. They had Arizona 10 days later, who they destroyed 24-3. The bye week was after this game, in week 9, and the 49ers prepared for St. Louis and ultimately ended that game in a tie. THEN Colin K-somethingorother came in.

So, with this in mind, the quick playoff thoughts below:

Ravens at Broncos - Ravens, it was fun. I admire the player Ray Lewis, his leadership and spirit can will his time. But as a person he is a murderer. Peyton Manning is at a point where I can root for him, root for greatness (except when they play the Eagles next year). I think Denver is the most complete team, and just got one additional starting running back off of IR. Broncos 30, Ravens 20.

Packers at 49ers - Packers got their loss out of the way in Week 17, despite their best efforts. They know the mistakes they made on the road to let a game slip bye and a chance at a bye. It was for the better. I think the Packers have too many receivers for the great defense of San Francisco to cover. Plus, Colin K-somethinngorother will mess it up somehow. Packers 35, 49ers 21

Seahawks at Falcons - I hate "Matty Ice." It is the worst nickname ever. I prefer "The Matural" but regardless I hate the Falcons. They are disrespected blah blah blah this is their year blah blah blah. The Seahawk refers to an Osprey, which is closely related to the Eagle (thank you, Nick Scalise). Therefore, I prefer the Seahawks over the Falcons. Want to talk about a good nickname, how about DangeRuss. Seattle is on a roll, and I think they can smash the Falcons early and hopefully that can make the Falcons feel like little bitches and not a number 1 seed and the best team in the NFL. This to me is the most difficult game to call, and Seattle going east to west to east coast two weeks in a row is bad news, but I am going more with what I want than reality. I go with Seattle 23, Falconss 14.

Texans at Patriots - As much as you want to try to convince me that the Texans are different and that the Jets did to the Patriots what Houston could do, no. New England has had it happen to them before, and they would rather die on the field than allow a team they already showed their fans they could destroy at home would not be allowed back on their field to not have the same result. That sounded weird. The Patriots will kill them again, because the Patriots are cut throat. When they have suffered one week, they killed the next. That is their way. Texans could pull off the upset, but I go with greatness in the AFC. Patriots 38, Texans 24.

Moving on, the Broncos host the Patriots and prep for a super bowl berth while the fail mary game is replayed. I have full confidence in the Broncos moving on, but the NFC is a crap shoot. I am good either way but feel Green Bay won't be denied. Green Bay - Denver super bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment