Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Jan 15, 2013

Duba's 4th Annual "Only When I have a Blog or Other Available Forum Where I can Riff" Ideal Superbowl Matchups

Well, much like last year, it is that time of year again to pick the matchups for Superbowl 47 I want to see the most, and then pick which will probably happen. Last year, the least favorable matchup in my eyes happened, but the game did not disappoint. For the first time since I can remember (or was keeping track, for that matter), 3 of the teams that were here last year are back. And the outcomes could be even more unpredictable.

So, without further aduba, let's get right to my ideal Superbowl Matches...

1. Ravens Vs. 49ers - Oddly enough, it was the one I most wanted to see last year as well. It is not about watching the two Harbaugh brothers battle it out, as they had played each other previously in 2011 regular season. I like the defense of the Ravens and their legendary status, and like the inspiration they draw from each other. Despite the emotional leader being Ray "Every Day I'm Stabbin" Lewis. If I have to hear one more religious sermon from Reverend Lewis I will most likely vomit and petition Tim Tebow to tell Ray to keep it down. Despite that, and despite having lost a step or two, Ray Lewis is the leader of that defense, while Joe Flacco has stepped up to be the leader on offense with Ray Rice in a supporting role. On the flipside, you have a young, upstart quarterback in Colin K-somethingorother. He has a gun of an arm and just watching him dismantle the Packers last weekend, I am now officially rooting for them to make it to the big game. Their defense is smothering and stopped a team that had 10 different receiving threats. Albeit at home, but they have proven they can go to an intimidating place (like Foxboro) and beat the best. Who would be the underdog in this game? The Ravens. And I hope that if the Ravens can pull off one more miracle win this weekend, they take the full two weeks to rest and shape up. I can root for the Ravens over the 49ers, but either way in this case I would cheer for the game, and maybe 60-40 for the Ravens to win it all. They have been so close so many times before. I actually liked what Joe Flacco showed in the Bronco's game, and that team never quit. San Francisco never quit putting their foot on the throat of the Packers. I just hope both teams can make their rise to the top (even though last week I didn't predict jack shit for either team).

2. Patriots vs. 49ers - Last year's second most anticipated matchup. It would be a rematch from earlier this season where I think we saw what was the Patriots last defeat. Perhaps last defeat of the year. If they can put the Ravens back in Baltimore, they will not lose again until next season. I tried arguing this point to some other people - Yes, we have come to get tired of the Tom Brady accolades, model wife, advertisements, stupid hair cuts...








...but despite all that, he may very well be noted as the greatest quarterback ever. I respect his career enough to believe that it is now a treat to watch him play. Although I would root for the 49ers to beat him, I certainly couldn't get upset over another Superbowl win. I am a fan of football and the NFL, and to say I was able to witness an era that I only get to hear other people talk about would be cool. The Patriots stand the best chance of all 4 teams making it to the Superbowl, even with a star tight end out of the game. They are just great, make adjustments, and will kill you if they had the chance. That is the same way Colin K-somethingorother played the past few weeks and the defense follows suit. I would okay with this matchup.

4. (TIE) Ravens vs. Falcons - No way in Hell do I want to see the overrated Falcons in a Superbowl. I don't know why I dislike them so much. It is something about the "I'm too good to admit that I poop" face that Matt Ryan has. It is the love they received over the past couple seasons about how great they are. It is the constant talk we would have to hear about how the Falcons are finally playing to the level they should have been at for years and their journey blah blah blah bullshit. The reason I put this matchup over the other is that it would pit two quarterbacks, Flacco and Ryan, who have the same career length playing each other in a "changing of the guard" Superbowl. I would like to see Flacco all day long beat the pants off the Falcons, but then I would see a bunch of black guys with no pants on. The Falcons almost let the Seahawks squeak by them and is a sign that the Falcons armor may be a little rusty. I certainly wouldn't think that Flacco could assassinate them, but he found a way to work over the vaunted Broncos defense so he could shine in the biggest game of them all. Flacco has proven time and time again that he CAN step up to the plate. Matt Ryan hasn't proven that to me, as he is only 1-3 in the playoffs. I would want to see Flacco earn all the accolades in this game and have that near tears look of defeat Matt Ryan showed last week with less than one minute to go.

4. (TIE) Patriots vs. Falcons - This game, I'm telling you right now, would be a rout. It would be the worst Superbowl of the past 10 years. Even worse than Seattle-Pittsburgh. Blowout city. It better not happen.

Reality...I fully believe in the 49ers. I have selected half of my NFL.com Playoff Challenge team to include several San Francisco players. Including Colin K-somethingorother. There are several emotions running through the AFC Championship game, as the Ravens had an improbably fight you till you die win last week, but the Patriots are thirsty for blood after getting bested by the same team twice on the grandest stage. Therefore, I would have to say, and it is a very small, uncomfortable thought they may win, and I am banking my Playoff Challenge hopes on, that the last team to make the Superbowl will be....The Baltimore Ravens!

No comments:

Post a Comment