Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Mar 23, 2012

To Lose, or Not To Lose, That is the Question Weighing On My Mind

The picture above is cropped scan of a regular paper copy of a picture of me striking my victory pose. Yes, the man behind me really is that tall that his shoulder is equal to my head. It is the picture that was taken before my notorious "Winner" picture that is all over my blog and my app. I was crowned with the winner medal because I won, no, dominated and obliterated the competition in my company's Biggest Loser contest. I scorched EVERYBODY throughout the company who participated, losing like 44 pounds in 10 weeks. The contest ended I think right around the 4th of July last year.

When the contest was over, I decided to start lifting heavy weights again. It was tough getting back into the swing of it, but as I restarted my heavy lifting I continued my winning diet. However, lifting heavy weights first thing in the morning really kicked my metabolism in the ass and I had to consume more. At first it was just more of my diet, but then that turned into losing my discipline and allowing myself to eat anything, as long as it was in some form of moderation (at least in my mind) the result is I regained about 20 pounds, but I feel half of that is muscle, and the other is stomach.

So, sounds like I could be in good shape to at least particpate in the contest again and improve how I feel and try to maintain the diet again. I am 32 years old, and my reasons for powerlifting anymore get less and less - other than the fact I just simply enjoy it. But, after nursing pain in my shoulder in the gym all week from 15 minutes at a batting cage with Rocco this past weekend, combined with the fact I sneezed while curling today (and it made me feel like my stomach turned 360 degrees) makes me wonder if I need to rechange everything. I would like to maintain the strength I have while increasing my muscle endurance. This should be easy to combine with regular, not extreme, weight loss, right?

Keep in mind I also have some sort of mystery going on inside my stomach. I am currently advised by two doctors to NOT eat vegetables, fruits, and/or nuts until I am properly diagnosed. Most of my award winning diet involved those three items. I take supplements for what I miss from eating these items, but can I risk eating less regular meat and potatoes (I know it is a vegetable but it does not hurt me)?

If all things were normal, I think I could manage this diet contest. I think I could initially drop a decent amount of weight. Last time, I consistently lost weight from week to week, ranging from 2 to 9 pounds. Our office led all other offices since Week 1. My contributions reflected a consistent positive weight loss number for our office, which several other offices accused us of cheating. No cheating, just Duba.

I also think my motivation (i.e. bragging like douchebag) - which included me ordering one contestant to spit out her chocolate and admonishing others for my back pain (a result of carrying the team on my back) - helped spur everybody else around me. I knew I could win, and I did. I do not like to lose, unless by lose you mean lose enough weight to win the contest.

So, with a couple extra pounds to lose, but so far with restrictions on my diet which basically restricts me to NO diet, is it a good idea that I participate? Ultimately only my body and I know this answer. I am leaning towards doing it, but I just cannot say it 100%. I am the Bret Favre of weight loss.

COMING SOON...

The blog generated from the rocks-papers-scissors contest. Remember I will do the following:
Emberrass a War Hero and my lovely girlfriend's brother - Joseph Nardone
I will predict the future of one of the finest cooks I know - Mandi Lynne Barrett
I will heap praise and desire for accolades to my vertical twin - Michael "Pudding, New Buddy" Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment