Click Below! You Won't Be Disappointed!!!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

The Great Jim Duba Mobile App!

Touch My Face Any Time You Want

Scan the bar code or click here: TGJD Mobile App. Any time you need your Duba fix, tap my face! Like the best stalker, I am everywhere you don't expect me to be. Also, like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thegreatjimduba and follow me on twitter @thegreatjimduba. I know, I can't believe nobody else had the name either!

Jun 28, 2013

Movie Review - World War Z

So my cousin recently posted on his Facebook page that this movie would provably suck because it was rated PG-13 which would mean less gore. I told this to Kim, but she has been looking forward to this movie for weeks and ever since I saw the commercial with thousands of zombies running up a wall I've wanted to see it. 

So first thing was first, after dinner at the the Miller Springfield Ale House we headed out for an 11 PM show. We were like the second or third small group of people who came in to the theater with 20 minutes to spare until it started. 

Teenagers come walking in to make the next 20 minutes completely unbearable. They consisted of one couple and the girl's two equally obnoxious single friends. These two groups sat in different rows and carried their stupid teenage conversation across the theater. Then I went to get my betrothed some snacks and passed three wild and crazy guys. I came back in, and these dudes from like northern Finland were sitting in front of me. I had to move us a couple seats over so we could see. How the hell do you just plop down in front of a girl you are much taller than. They didn't even lounge back in their seats. 

Once the movie started, it took about two minutes to get to the action. The zombies are basically people infected with a strain of rabies who are so overcome by the disease their sole purpose is to pass it on. It starts in a traffic jam in Philadelphia and all the idiots in the crowd are hooting and hollering for the city. 

Brad Pitt and his family escape. Let me just say, for the level of attractiveness stowed upon Pitt his wife is very very very plain looking. His daughters are young and one has asthma. 

Any who, they get to Newark and flown onto an aircraft carrier. Zombies can't make it to the water. Turns out Pitt is a former United Nations investigator and meets his old comrade. He begins a travel of survival across the world taking him to Asia, Israel, possibly Cyprus, and other European countries. 

Should I spoil it? Yeah, why not. This paragraph will be spoilers. Skip to the end of it. Long story short, a girl soldier from Israel is bitten in a plane. Pitt cuts her arm off so the infection dies. He ends up at some disease control place with some random scientists. As Pitt has seen the zombies rampage, he notices that apparent sick people are left alone by the zombies. That said, he also learns that if a zombie hasn't moved much, their reaction to stimulus is delayed. He travels through the lab to infect himself with some unknown disease. He walks past zombies and the lab I guess identifies a strain of some disease I forget that they then spread to armies across the world. The movie ends with Pitt narrating that the fight has just begun as piles of zombies are being burned and people fight back. It looks like potential for a sequel



Ok, overall, I enjoyed the movie. It had awesome, and that's an understatement, scenery and the hordes of zombies running through city scenes were incredible. I loved the movie actually. So what if it wasn't a bloody, zombies cracking open skulls to eat brains and the movie showing you said actions. The commercials show a scene with hundreds a of zombies piling up to get over a wall. It was awesome. Also, the acting was very good. The zombies, as the movie went on, became more comical in their behavior, whether unintentionally or not. But it is hehe point in the movie where they already had me hooked in and Pitt had to observe the behaviors of the zombies. These individual interactions maybe showed a little too much of the zombies, which is the only real negative mark to me. 

If you want to see a bloodbath, don't watch World War Z. You want a visually stunning movie with a good story and intense action and to have a good time, go see it. 

If you worry about how the book translated to the movie then you shouldn't have read this post. I refuse to compare books to movies as there is no comparison. One is extremely boring, and the other is a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment